When growing up Caitlin was influenced by the 1967 musical “Doctor Dolittle” and was so infatuated with the idea of talking with the animals that she named her first pet Polly, after Dolittle’s macaw, Polynesia.
In pursuit of becoming a “Dr. Dolittle” herself, Caitlin began volunteering for the local parks and rec department when she was 15 and continued to gain experience at local rescues, zoos, and aquariums eventually turning into a Zookeeping career. At the age of 16 she started traveling across the US to attend and learn from conferences every year. She hasn’t missed a trip yet. Caitlin graduated college with an Integrative Animal Biology degree and minor in Psychology.
Caitlin’s Animal Training was formed with the core value of “first, do no harm” when training. By providing group classes and in-home behavioral consultations using this philosophy, Caitlin closes the knowledge gap in the community by using up to date and effective modern training techniques. Her goal is for everyone to become their own “Dr. Dolittle”.
Caitlin currently shares her home with a Parrotlet, two Giant Day Geckos, and a foster puppy.
To help every person become their own “Dr. Dolittle” through teaching them:
- Fun and interactive training lessons
- Accurate skills in interpreting animal body language
- How to identify and reinforce desired behaviors when they occur
- To solve behavior concerns by avoiding long-term, cognitively damaging techniques
Animal Behavior Work
- SPCA – Avian care specialist.
- Florida Parrot Rescue – Behavior Education Coordinator for the East and West coasts of Florida. Working one on one with parrot owners to prevent, solve, and eliminate problem behaviors. Delivering workshops and seminars.
- Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo – Avian care team.
- The Florida Aquarium – Exhibit Educator.
- Steve Martin’s Natural Encounters – 10 month intensive internship at “The Ranch.”
- The Lehigh Valley Zoo – Trainer/Keeper for reptiles, large hoofstock and carnivores.
- Paws 2 Freedom – Foster home for dogs needing behavioral rehabilitation.